How to apply:
Submit a CV, a short description of research interests and experience, and contact information for three references by e-mail to zhangbo[AT]wusm.wustl.edu. Informal inquiries are welcome.
Description: The research focus will be in the general area of computational biology and bioinformatics. The selected candidate will be fully engaged in TaRGET II Consortium, conduct independent research and development to integrate and decipher large-scale transcriptomics and epigenomics datasets of multiple tissues, and investigate epigenetic control of transposable elements and its impact on gene regulation in development and carcinogenesis.
- PhD in related fields (physical sciences or biology)
- Strong programming skills, ideally in C/C++, perl, python, and Java. Experience with statistical techniques and software (R, Matlab) and data analysis methods are highly encouraged.
- Strong quantitative background or computational genomics experiences
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
Description: Zhang lab has an opening for a computer scientist to provide software and database development support for our bioinformatics projects. The selected candidate will work on genomics/epigenomics data analysis pipeline and database development. Candidate will support for all phases of the software development life cycle including design, application development, testing, and maintenance.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, bioinformatics, or a related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Substantial experience in one or more of the following areas: comparative genomics, bioinformatics, relational databases, Web interfacing to databases, DNA data analysis, developing efficient SQL queries, large-scale information integration, molecular biology.
- Experience developing software in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Knowledge, background, or experience in molecular biology